What are Composite Doors Made From?Doors
Composite doors are formed using a selection of materials, from a solid timber core, glass-reinforced plastic, uPVC and aluminium, to name a few common materials. At Salop Glass, our classic Swedish composite windows are designed and manufactured with aluminium profiles combined with knot-free laminated timber.
Each of the materials used is chosen for its specific properties, fused together to result in one of the strongest door materials currently on the market. These materials are pressed and glued together under extreme pressure to ensure that they form into a strong, bonded composite.
Composite Doors and windows have been specifically designed and manufactured to ensure the highest level of durability and security.
Advantages of Composite
There are a number of advantages to opting to have composite doors and windows fitted. Here are just a few:
- Increased weatherproofing – The combination of materials that have been used ensures that they can withstand extreme weather conditions, including wind and rain.
- Improved safety – By combining both a solid timber core and aluminium amongst other materials, making the door and frame impenetrable. This combination provides you with an effective locking mechanism ensures the highest level of security.
- Less maintenance – With timber frames, to ensure longevity they require regular treatments. With uPVC, regular treatment reduces the risk of discolouration. However, composite will remain durable, even without maintenance.
- Strong investment – Whilst they may appear expensive initially, once you take lifespan and reduced maintenance into consideration, composite doors and windows work out as excellent value.
- Available in a range of colours and style – From woodgrain effects to smooth finishes, and from classic wood colours, to barbie pink or lime green, you can choose the doors and windows to suit you and your home.
Composite Doors and Windows with Salop Glass
Here at Salop Glass, we offer a range of composite doors and windows, each available in different styles and colours. For more information, if composite is the right choice for you, or discuss our other options, please contact a member of our expert team today.